the Qur'an project

Assalamu alaikum.

1.  As far as I know, every printed copy of the Qur'an is originally based on a hand-written text.  There is no font that I know of that can support the full symbol set of the Qur'an.  Of course, someone can design one, but the finished product has to be carefully reviewed by a *qualified committee* and not a single scholar.  Not even a group of scholars whose specialization is other than Qur'anic rasm would be qualified to do this job.

2.  The finished Qur'an should be digitally signed with a certificate issued to the qualified committee by a recognized CA.  If it's digitally signed by an entity like arabeyes.org, it doesn't mean much.

Ramadan Mubarak.

Salam,
Moustafa