RE: [Saudi Linux] Prayer time

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:46:12 -0800 Mohamed Alkanhal <alkanhal at kacst dot edu dot sa>
wrote:
>WA Alikum Assalam,
>
>      I think an important step in Linux localization is to have
>the Hijri
>date as an option with the Gregorian one. Yousuf Alharthi has done
>some good
>work to bring UmAlqura calendar to Linux. He has created a Qt Hijri
>library
>that we hope it can be included in the new versions of Qt. You can
>check the
>ITL project on Arabeyes. By having this library, we think all KDE
>applications (especially, the KCalendar and the Kmail) can have
>the Hijri
>date. He has also tried to modify the calendar applet on the KDE
>desktop but
>he couldn't complete this work due to the dependency of the applet
>on the QT

Very nice work, Did you submit the Hijri code to KDE bugzilla ? give
us the bug ID so we can vote for it

>He has some good ideas that he wants others to share with him.

I hope if Fayez can join us at arabeyes and he can continue the calendar
applet

>      Regarding the Quran project, What fonts you are using? KACST
>can help
>on the fonts as we have a font designer. Also, one of our latest
>font
>releases has a nice font that can be used for AlQuran Alkareem.

no the problem is not in the fonts, we need someone can provide Us the
quran in html/.doc/xml

please read http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2003/October/msg00181.html
to know what is the problem