Re: from yudit to OO / Abiword

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 09:08:22PM +0100, Alberto Corbi Bellot wrote:
> hi everybody...

Hi,

> I do normally use Yudit to type arabic 'cause i have a spanish keyboard
> and yudit keyboard map for arabic is great to type arabic using a Latin
> keyboard (because it uses mnemotecnic links between arabic and latin
> letters).

Did you try katoob ?? We can make a keyboard "layout" for Katoob
emulator
It's a very easy job and you'll have all your problems solved as katoob
is gtk2 "like gedit" but provides more features to the Arabic user.

> the problem comes when i want to "paste" (using mouse middle button)
> selected text from yudit to openoffice 1.1... Openoffice would just
> print something like the UTF8 enconding... for example:

probably that's something related to yudit copy code, Bug the author!

> Other problem I've experienced lately is that Abiword doesn't perform
> some ligatures correctly. Openoffice only shows this problem when I
> include letters like ّ or vocals.

That's also a known problem with abiword.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer