Re: Arabizing arabeyes website

Hi everybody,

Although I am still too busy to give a hand, I  almost read all your messages. I
still need a few months in order to start being active.

I recently had an I idea that might help (in the long run) in the arabization
efforts. There is a relatively powerful software called WordFast that
(unfortunately) works under Windows, as it is a set of macros added to Word. It is
a Translation Memory software that helps in translating repetitive text (usually
repetitive sentences).

The developper, Mr. Champollion, used to make the software available for free, but
he now sells it for about $130. However, he gives away the software for
humanitarian organizations. He also gives it for free to Universities. He sells it
for less to users from some countries. He is, as far as I know, the only
developper of such a CAT (Computer Aided Translation) tool who mentions Linux,
saying that his software can work under Linux, providing that you use VMWare.

What is more important here is that Mr. Champollion accepts also to give the
source code to people whom he can trust. As Arabeyes has always been a trustworthy
organization, I wonder whether we can ask him to send us a copy of the source and
see if similar macros could be developped to work with OpenOffice or StarOffice.
Such a tool helps a lot when it comes to translating technical text. It also can
use a user defined dictionary.

If somebody is interested, please let me know.

Yasser

You won't believe our Women section! Fitness, cooking, make up, fashion, men, under 20, mother-hood, Muslim women, shopping, and more. It's all there for YOU at
http://www.maktoob.com/