[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Arabic Mandrake Cooker ?
- To: Diego Iastrubni <iastrubn at actcom dot co dot il>
- Subject: Re: Arabic Mandrake Cooker ?
- From: Thierry Vignaud <tvignaud at mandrakesoft dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:15:40 +0000
- Cc: "Pascal Rigaux \(Pixel\)" <pixel at mandrakesoft dot com>, General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>, Pablo Saratxaga <pablo at mandrakesoft dot com>, Guillaume Cottenceau <gc at mandrakesoft dot com>
- Organization: MandrakeSoft
- User-agent: Gnus/5.1002 (Gnus v5.10.2) Emacs/21.3 (gnu/linux)
Diego Iastrubni <iastrubn at actcom dot co dot il> writes:
> > gc say the only remaining problem was not the font size but the
> > fact that the arabic font overided the latin font which eg looks
> > qite weird for french.
> > pablo, there's sg odd somewhere that needs to be fixed.
> do you mean the latin glyphs of that font are used instead of the
> default ones?
this is what guillaume tell me; there must be something odd somewhere
(maybe in fontconfig or in pango; i've no clue about it; we'd better
ask guillaume or pablo)
> how about someone deleting those glyphs from the font and you add
> this new crippled font to the install? would that be ok?
i guess so but as i focus on config tools and not on the installer, i
won't claim this statement is pure gold.