[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Arabic Mandrake Cooker ?
- To: Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa>
- Subject: Re: Arabic Mandrake Cooker ?
- From: Thierry Vignaud <tvignaud at mandrakesoft dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:11:28 +0000
- Cc: "Pascal Rigaux \(Pixel\)" <pixel at mandrakesoft dot com>, iastrubn at actcom dot co dot il, General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>, Pablo Saratxaga <pablo at mandrakesoft dot com>, Guillaume Cottenceau <gc at mandrakesoft dot com>
- Organization: MandrakeSoft
- User-agent: Gnus/5.1002 (Gnus v5.10.2) Emacs/21.3 (gnu/linux)
Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> writes:
> > but since Arabic uses TTF files
> > he was told "NO" (TTF files are about 2 MB in size).
> Why! KacstArt.ttf is only 59.9KB KacstDecorative.ttf (recommended)
> is only 86.6 What about the hebrew fonts' size? What's the format
> (type1?) used? Why on earth we can't generate any format from a ttf
> file? My understand is if the issue is solved for hebrew, it should
> be fixed for Arabic - nothing different. Expect a clearance soon.
> > + He notes, cooker already has RTL support,
> > http://iglu.org.il/mdkhe/rc1/DrakX-Nahlieli.png
> > and the arabic translations are already done, only fonts are missing.
gc say the only remaining problem was not the font size but the fact
that the arabic font overided the latin font which eg looks qite weird
pablo, there's sg odd somewhere that needs to be fixed.