Re: General Arabic Installation Question

I sent this message as a response, but was rejected because of the attachement of the screenshot as mentioned below.

Ibrahim Shaame wrote:
Walid Shaari wrote:

mmh! I have more questions than answers for you, but don't blame me, as
you brought it in yourself by not supplying the vital details:

1.What distributuion are you using?

Slackware 8.1

2.When you create a new user, and logging in with that new user what
happens when you select arabic?

Same thing

3.what exactly did you copy, and to where, is that the dot files?

Everything. I created a different user, recopied the old user directory to the newly installed home directory. Gave ownership of the copied directory to the Arabic user, remove the user directory, renamed the old directory to become the home directory of the Arabic user..... And everything works except Arabic.

not all the menues have been arabeyesed yet, if that is what you are
complaning about!

I have no clue to why is that separation? may be you should provide us
with links to some screenshots of your desktop, and garden next time :)

Unfortunately I cannot print the screen of the menus; whenever I want to print the menu dissapears. But I have attached a screenshot of KOffice (run under Gnome). As you can see the menus are from Right-to-Left.

Akka :( NO Comments on Akka. getonline in IRC one day, and we will sort
that out for you, but Akka by nature is akward

Please provide as with screenshots, and distro info, and any other
relvant information you can add, such as fonts used, steps done so far.

Walid.

Thanks
Ibrahim