Continue: Arabic gooey

> of course, you download a language package, for example

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/redhat-7.3-en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/kde-i18n-A
frikaans-3.0.0-5.noarch.rpm
> then you enter the following command:
> rpm -qpl kde-i18n-Afrikaans-3.0.0-5.noarch.rpm
> it'll show you where files will be installed :-)

It shows the files will download on /usr/share/local/... &
/usr/share/doc/HTML/af/... and for the Arabic package specifically all the
files will be installed in /usr/share/local/... Then still the question is
valid why /usr? Why not /usr/share/local or /usr/share?

> >Another question is how the change the menu to appear from right to left
> >like in the arabeyes site (see
>
>http://arabeyes.sourceforge.net/images/screenshots/kde3/picture-001.html )
> >
> Just click with the midlle mouse button over a launcher and you move it
> where you want
Although I don't understand what you mean by a *launcher* but I think you
got me wrongly. I can move it anywhere on the screen by simply dragging with
the left mouse button (middle doesn't work here for me) but I want it to be
flipped horizontally ;-) Just take a look at this and you will understand me
http://arabeyes.sourceforge.net/images/screenshots/kde3/index.html
The K menu appears on the bottom to the right side.

> >A third question: In the control center the order of the options
> >(Information Personalization and the like) has changed when converted to
> >Arabic. How has this happened. What I understand translation the .po
files
> >doesn't do this!!!
> >
> I can't answer this now as I'm not using kde3 at work :-(
Haven't you gone home yet or you are very devoted to your work that you
sleep there also ;-)