Re: Continue: Arabic gooey

Hi,

Munzir Taha wrote:

of course, you download a language package, for example

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/redhat-7.3-en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/kde-i18n-A
frikaans-3.0.0-5.noarch.rpm

then you enter the following command:
rpm -qpl kde-i18n-Afrikaans-3.0.0-5.noarch.rpm
it'll show you where files will be installed :-)

It shows the files will download on /usr/share/local/... & /usr/share/doc/HTML/af/... and for the Arabic package specifically all the files will be installed in /usr/share/local/... Then still the question is valid why /usr? Why not /usr/share/local or /usr/share?

it's /usr/share/locale (with an e). That means /usr was passed to the configure
script as a value to the --prefix variable. You can see more variables used by configure
by executing ./configure --help
/usr and /usr/local are the most used values for the variable --prefix. Generally,
/usr for system installed files i.e files that comes with your distr, and /usr/local
when installing new software.

Another question is how the change the menu to appear from right to left
like in the arabeyes site (see

http://arabeyes.sourceforge.net/images/screenshots/kde3/picture-001.html )

Just click with the midlle mouse button over a launcher and you move it
where you want

Although I don't understand what you mean by a *launcher* but I think you
got me wrongly. I can move it anywhere on the screen by simply dragging with
the left mouse button (middle doesn't work here for me) but I want it to be
flipped horizontally ;-) Just take a look at this and you will understand me
http://arabeyes.sourceforge.net/images/screenshots/kde3/index.html
The K menu appears on the bottom to the right side.

It's me who made the screenshots :-), you can find the originals here
http://amaoui.free.fr/kde3/index.html
Look at this image http://amaoui.free.fr/kde3/images/applications.jpeg
konsole, konqueror... are launcher. I don't know how to do it with a 2
buttons mouse, but with a 3 buttons one, you use the midlle button to
move launchers on the panel.

A third question: In the control center the order of the options
(Information Personalization and the like) has changed when converted to
Arabic. How has this happened. What I understand translation the .po

files

doesn't do this!!!

I can't answer this now as I'm not using kde3 at work :-(

Haven't you gone home yet or you are very devoted to your work that you
sleep there also ;-)

I don't know why they are changed.

Regards,
Hicham