Re: Fantastic! Great! Cool! Hot! The problem of Arabic is almost solved!

Hi,

Munzir Taha wrote:

Thaaaaaaaanx Mohammed Elzubeir && Hicham Amaoui for the configuration and
installation method.
Yes, I am very happy that the gooey (GUI) is changed to Arabic after issuing
the command ./configure --prefix=/usr. Now the question is how can I guess
such an option. For sure it's not thru a sorcerer wand, there is some logic,
ain't it?

of course, you download a language package, for example
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/redhat-7.3-en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/kde-i18n-Afrikaans-3.0.0-5.noarch.rpm
then you enter the following command:
rpm -qpl kde-i18n-Afrikaans-3.0.0-5.noarch.rpm
it'll show you where files will be installed :-)

Another question is how the change the menu to appear from right to left like in the arabeyes site (see http://arabeyes.sourceforge.net/images/screenshots/kde3/picture-001.html )

Just click with the midlle mouse button over a launcher and you move it where you want

A third question: In the control center the order of the options
(Information Personalization and the like) has changed when converted to
Arabic. How has this happened. What I understand translation the .po files
doesn't do this!!!

I can't answer this now as I'm not using kde3 at work :-(

Munzir Taha
New Horizons Computer Learning Center

Hicham