Re: just Arabic

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:39:7 +0300
 "MrGuest at Saudi ABm" <info at saudiabm dot com> wrote:

> I really want to help you guys but I can't for my poor english, any way
> can anyone tell me a way to write and reading Arabic in linux ?

Your english is fine and never let that stop you from doing anything :-)
Arabeyes could certainly use your help, keep that in mind :-)

> I know you are working on it, but I don't need an arabic interface,
> I just need to write and read

You can use Arabeyes' patch to vim-6.0 - it will allow you to read/write
Arabic (UTF-8 encoding) without a hitch (there are a few minor things left
to be done, but they are _really_ non-show-stoppers).  The code has been
in use for the past month at least by 20-30 people.

For overall project status,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/projects/vim.php

For details on where to get that patch ("patch" being a diff file that
you apply to the original source code and recompile) and what procedure
to follow, look into the README file,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/projects/external/vim/README

Hope that helps; if you any questions don't hesitate to let me know.