Re: Request for comments on Square Arabic

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 06:28:55PM +0100, Chahine M. Hamila wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a proposed optional way to write and read Arabic in the digital
> world. It'll make the process of internationalization a lot more easier
> since it will discard the shaping stage as well as improve readabilty of
> technicalese and acronyms in Arabic.
>
> (it will also have the merit to add to the already very rich and superb
> calligraphy we have in Arabic;))
>
> Reactions by the first testers were so far positive.
>
> Open for comments:
>
> http://www.arabeyes.org/~chahine/home.html#squarearabic

I would also like to note that this, in a sense is an enhancement of the
Kufi Square font, which has been developed during the 13th and 14th centuries,
and is not a completely new concept. The only difference here is that,
it allows the words to be disconnected, eliminating shaping.

I am completely for it, and see it as the future of Arabic terminals.

later