Arbeyes theme,logo,etc.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 12:54:46AM -0400, Bassem Medawar wrote:
> Sorry to barge in before introducing myself.. :-)
>
> How about a logo *theme*, not just for Arabeyes but all the other Arabic
> computing projects promoted or adopted by Arabeyes, present and future?  It
> would be like the traditional open source animal theme.  It would promote
> Arabic cultural themes.  A logo can be symbolic of what the particular
> project does or purely sentimental reasons.  Of course to render a good
> logo requires some artistic skills which we programmers tend to be
> challenged about.  (Time to hookup with a digital artist brethren :-)
>
> I like the current Arabeyes "logo" on the front page but it would be best
> if it were not gender specific as to not unwittingly alienate anybody.  A
> bouncy, smiling baby in diapers with shining eyes could symbolize the
> nascent character of Arabeyes and Arabization with an eye, pardon the pun,
> towards a bright future. :-)

We like to alienate men, women, and edgy teenagers ;) We have been receiving
several submissions, one was posted on this list here. I'm still waiting for
something along the same lines your were mentioning.

> May I ask what's the demographics (or I should say geographics) of the
> Arabyes general list  membership?  Maybe a get-together or local chapters
> can ignite expanded interest in the topic of open source Arabization.

I think it is safe to say, Earth. Ranging from all over the US, Europe,
Saudi,etc.. ;)

> PS note to the maintainer, can [Arabeyes] be prefixed to the mailman
> message header to make it easy to visually sort out Arabeyes mail from
> other mail?  Thanks.

Hrmm.. that has caused a problem in the past. Maybe I'll try that again.

--
Mohammed Elzubeir