Re: On the lack of motivation...

On Saturday 02 July 2005 09:38, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> On 7/2/05, Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > What should we do? Well for once I don't even have a proposal of a
> > solution.
>
> Did you read my post?

I did. What I meant was that I personally did not have a proposal of a
solution, and for once I did not feel like theorizing ;-)

I do agree with points 1 through 8 of your proposal Youcef. I'm contemplating
how we can generate enough spark to implement them.

For point 1, I could not agree more, but the problem is there isn't anyone
else to do this stuff and we are worried about security. We had to make it a
top priority. Anyways it looks like the bulk of this series of technical work
is behind us now. No worries.

Point 2. This happened several times in the past and we did move on, and it
didn't harm us. Some development projects though are just too damn important
to be left to die. These will demand attention from Core no doubt.

Points 3 and 4. Right on ;-)

Point 5. Very good way to look at it. I wish we had more artists though to let
loose on this project.

Point 6. We have really good relations with some projects, not so good with
others. We seem to be doing well with Debian and OOo (both projects on
Arabeyes have the same maintainer. What does that tell you? ;-)

I will try in the time to come to gain some headway in KDE and hope we can
gain a little bit of ground with time.

Point 7. I am hoping that when OAO finally sees the light, Arabeyes will get
the recognition it deserves.

Point 8. I'm guilty of flip-flopping on this issue. First I was for the idea
of giving the website a new look and a makeover, then I was against it, now I
am thinking about it again but I wont officially propose it because I am not
sure its doable. But on thing is for sure more news is a must. (I did ask all
project maintainers to be more active with logging too didn't I? ;-)

As I said before I dont want to kick myself too much for all the past
negligence and I dont want anyone else to do the same either. I am hoping
each of us including myself can put in a little, and just pray that that
little inspires everyone else to put in a little bit more.

Salam,

Abdulaziz,