Re: New User Registration Methodoloy

Salam,

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:18:57 +0400, Mohammed Elzubeir
<elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:

> What I am proposing here is that we revamp this entire process.
>
> 1. User registers
> 2. Depending on what his/her interests are, the application goes to the
> appropriate project coordinator.
> 3. Project coordinator is in charge of prepping/mentoring the applicant
> 4. Project coordinator then requests (if needed) a CVS account for the
> user

The idea sounds fine to me. A new user should be able to select
multiple areas to which he would like to contribute: for ex: kde,
gnome & katoob. Thus the coordinators of all 3 projects would process
his/her application (separately). If a user wants simply to develop
(ie, no particular project), then his/her application should go to
core, as usual (+ to kde and gnome maintainers if he chosed them).
Same for artwork and PR. If we can find a 'permanent' artist, the
artwork subscription should go to him/her.

In short:

1- Give new users the possibility to contribute to different projects/areas.
2- Find a permanent artist ;) [Utopic].

Youcef R. Rahal