New User Registration Methodoloy

Salam,

It has come to our attention (surprise surprise!) that a lot of people
who register with intent to contribute to Arabeyes vanish soon after
receiving a massive reading list before they can get started.

The problem is not only that but the fact that Core alone cannot keep up
with every new registration.

What I am proposing here is that we revamp this entire process.

1. User registers
2. Depending on what his/her interests are, the application goes to the
appropriate project coordinator.
3. Project coordinator is in charge of prepping/mentoring the applicant
4. Project coordinator then requests (if needed) a CVS account for the
user

This way we not only do load balancing on the process but involve the
various project coordinators in the process. It also provides a more
personal interaction between project coordinators that are most likely
to be working with the new applicant and the new applicant.

This would be implemented in the Plone site that we will be deploying..
so your thoughts/feedback are most welcome (and needed _now_) ;)

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.openius.com/|