Re: Translation of GNOME 2-22 starts [was: Gnome Translation Report: gnome-2-22]

Wa alaykom assalam,
I would participate, what can I do?
On Thu, January 10, 2008 14:10, Djihed Afifi wrote:
> Salam,
>

> With this email I am signalling the start of the translation process
> of GNOME 2-22. The new modules for the next release have been settled,
> and the strings are more or less finalised, except for a few changes
> in the future.
>
> I have been quiet busy in the last few week with fixing various RTL
> and Arabic bugs in GNOME. Expect a few fixes in the next release. I
> will continue on this work so unfortunately I won't have much time for
> translation.
>
> It would be very good if we could complete this release as soon as
> possible. I would like to dedicate the last 2 weeks before the release
> to strict Quality Assurance and Translation Revision. I have built the
> whole new GNOME from sources and so I expect to test and review most
> translations.
>
> We're currently very good in the rankings, so we're not very far off.
> Please free to assign yourself any of the uncompleted packages in the
> previous email, and let me know.
>
> http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/gnome-2-22
>
> If we get this right and reviewed in time I'd try to market the next
> release for mainstream Arabic users. Newspapers and magazines welcome.
>
> Djihed
>
> PS. Do you find these automated reports useful? Shall I make them
> weekly? monthly?
>

> On Jan 10, 2008 1:00 PM,  <djihedlists at googlemail dot com> wrote:
>> Gnome Arabic Translation Status Report, for branch gnome-2-22, cateogry:
>> any.
>>
>>  * Translated    39311 95.42%
>>  * Fuzzy          1271 3.09%
>>  * Untranslated    615 1.49%
>>
>>  * Total         41197
>>  * To be done     1886 4.58%
>>
>> Incomplete Packages
>> --------------------
>> Package                 Translated Fuzzy Untranslated
>> eel                       30         0    1
>> libgnomekbd               49         0    1
>> nautilus                1161         1    0
>> metacity                 514         1    2
>> gnome-applets-locations 4355         3    0
>> gnome-terminal           483         3    0
>> gnome-desktop             65         0    5
>> gnome-applets            939         5    0
>> epiphany                 909         5    1
>> gnome-session            122         6    1
>> gtk+-properties         1501         6    1
>> gnome-volume-manager     196         8    0
>> evince                   287         3    6
>> gtk-engines               32         4    6
>> cheese                    45         5    5
>> file-roller              249         7    3
>> sound-juicer             156         8    6
>> gnome-build              110         7   10
>> gnome-system-tools       231        11    6
>> evolution-data-server   1026        14    3
>> gtk+                     908        16    1
>> gnome-utils              723        10    9
>> gnome-system-monitor     210         8   12
>> vino                      84         8   12
>> ekiga                    632        11   10
> [...]

Abdelmonam Kouka
Software Engineer
GNU/Linux user #450141
"Some people see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say why not?"
                           [George Bernard Shaw]
http://www.ubuntume.com/
http://arabeyes.org/
http://www.ubuntu-tn.org/