Re: The Arabic Abbreviation Dictionary

On 5/19/07, Laith Juwaidah <juwaidah1990 at gmail dot com> wrote:
OK, fine, since the majority, including the leader of this group want to use
Arabic abbreviations, we will.

There is no leaders here!

But one problem remains, if we use Arabic abbreviations, and those who are
poor in English will learn the Arabic abbreviations the English ones,
wouldn't that separate us from the west? wouldn't that make those people lost
when they happen to have to face the world? I think that teaching children
better English is better than using Arabic terms that they understand.....
That will just make them less interested in English.

This is, sorry, complete nonsense, why don't we drop Arabic and start
adopting English in the Arabic world? This will fix the digital divide
then!

--
Khaled Hosny

Egyptian GNU/Linux user
Member of Arabeyes translation team [www.arabeyes.org]
My Blog: [www.khaledhosny.org]

Support Free Knowledge [ar.wikipedia.org]