KDE Status and contributions

السلام عليكم

	KDE Arabic localization has started recently after the great translators
eagerness to continue the project. The next minor release KDE 3.5.5 is
scheduled for October 1st-3rd, 2006. More info about KOffice and KDE4
schedules can be found here http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/ .
	The GUI Arabic translation of KDE
(http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/ar/index.php) is 37.03% Translated,
14.32 Fuzzy and 48.65% Untranslated which includes all KDE projects. GUI
Translation hasn't been started yet. Special thanks to Zayed Al-Saidi, Khaled
Hosny, Mohamed Saad, and Zaher - in no order of preference - for their recent
contributions in the KDE project.

	I am going to be إن شاء الله a little busy due to school requirements.
Therefore, I will try my best إن شاء الله to synchronize between KDE SVN and
Arabeyes CVS once a week.

Here is the new contribution procedure:

* A translator interested on a module or some files should cite them in the
ASSIGNED file in translate/kde in Arabeyes CVS. If the file translation is
complete, the translation should remove it.

ex: Module extragear-libs/ assigned to Xyz Abc
or: file kdepim/kmail.po assigned to Xyz Abc

This is to avoid any duplicate work.

* The file the translator want to work on should be got from
http://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk/ar/index.php , and then committed to
Arabeyes CVS. This avoids the translator to work on deprecated strings.

* Any translator should have read Arabeyes translation guide, Arabeyes CVS
Howto and KDE Translation How to
(http://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/).

* Files must be checked using msgfmt --statistics -o /dev/null file.po before
being committed to Arabeyes CVS.

* Translators with CVS accounts should help new translators by assigning them
some files and receiving them in EMail without waiting for the coordinator's
reaction.

That is all. Thank you very much for your hard work.

100% إن شاء الله

- Youssef Chahibi.