Re: Pootle and similar tools

Chahibi,

What are all of the issues? Let's discuss them here, we will soon
incha'allah arrive at a consensus given contributions from other
translators/arabeyes members. You might want to start a new discussion
if you want, things I've thought of are:

-Web based applications (eg pootle)
-Getting the glossary up.
-Fixing the various grammatical issues (plural form etc)
-Arabic translation guide: arabic linguistic rules.
-Proofreading, and labeling translations according to their status (eg
initial, proofread 1..2, final, etc).
-Recruiting/Marketing.

We want the software to be used by Arabs, potentially in the education
sector/government, the translation process needs to be rigorous and
done correctly instead of the "let's translate it and forget about it"
approach. We've taken the responsibility to represent Arabs and to be
"the place" for Arabic translation, so we should live up to the
challenges.

Djihed

On 26/07/06, Youssef Chahibi <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:
On Wednesday 26 July 2006 14:59, Djihed Afifi wrote:
> Chahibi,
>
> You mean the original plural form, or the current one which we
> dicusses many times? I thought the 6 plural forms one is good.
>
> Djihed
السلام عليكم
The current plural form is wrong, the 6 plural forms is correct. But beside
that we need investigate variable problems in many implementations not only
C.