Re: Roadmap (was: Pootle and similar tools)

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 15:38, Djihed Afifi wrote:
> Chahibi,
>
> What are all of the issues? Let's discuss them here, we will soon
> incha'allah arrive at a consensus given contributions from other
> translators/arabeyes members. You might want to start a new discussion
> if you want, things I've thought of are:
>
> -Web based applications (eg pootle)
> -Getting the glossary up.
> -Fixing the various grammatical issues (plural form etc)
> -Arabic translation guide: arabic linguistic rules.
> -Proofreading, and labeling translations according to their status (eg
> initial, proofread 1..2, final, etc).
> -Recruiting/Marketing.
>
> We want the software to be used by Arabs, potentially in the education
> sector/government, the translation process needs to be rigorous and
> done correctly instead of the "let's translate it and forget about it"
> approach. We've taken the responsibility to represent Arabs and to be
> "the place" for Arabic translation, so we should live up to the
> challenges.
>
> Djihed
السلام عليكم
I 3000 % agree.
Priorities:
-Fixing the various grammatical issues (plural form, spelling conventions ...)
-Getting the glossary up.
-Arabic translation guide: arabic linguistic rules.
-Web based applications (pootle)
-Proofreading, and labeling translations according to their status (eg
 initial, proofread 1..2, final, etc), make previous translation adhere to
standards and glossary.
-Recruiting/Marketing.

Let's start with plural form, I will start a new thread incha'allah.