Our Gnome CVS Structure

Salam

Nadim, Chahibi and Gnome Translators.

I think our Gnome CVS structure should be adapted to make it easy for
the maintainer/translators to maintain the translations. Currently,
the CVS contains translations for 2.14 directly under gnome. We should
adapt a version friendly structure that maps directly with
http://l10n-status.gnome.org , this way

gnome/2.14
gnome/2.16
etc
gnome/HEAD

Branching each time Gnome branch their translation project.

Old files should just be moved to 2.14, in some sense they are
obsolete, as they are already in Gnome servers and have been compiled
into 2.14, they are obsolete in the sense that they shouldn't be
touched in our server, but they can be made of use of
reference/glossary building, i know that CVS can roll back to them
when needed, but that's not as clear and understandable as branching
:)

The 2.14  translations were still carried with Gnome's HEAD, and hence
they got into the 2.16 branch, good for us, and we're working with
them, as we're concentrating efforts on the 2.16 branch for the moment
until release.

The CVS change will allow us to know which files were given to Gnome
on each release, which files should be updated in HEAD, ultimatly, we
will only work on HEAD, branches will have been automatically already
translated, they will still be worked on in our servers because Gnome
devs may add strings, but the changes after branching won't be huge, I
think. And work on HEAD doesn't have to freeze while working on the
release, at least, our CVS won't get in the way.

Ok, I know that was a wild dream, aww. After the 2.16 release, I'm
afraid there is still lots to do, Gnome now incorporates all its
extras into one place for translation, while making the project big
(HEAD), it's a Good Thing, because we won't hunt for each package.

Djihed