Re: New member ... welling to engage !

essam Ganadily wrote:
hello Friends ....

i am a new member of this mailing list , i am welling to participate in the
translation efforts going on firefox ....

Welcome to the team Essam!

first of all i would like to introduce myself : Dr.esam A. kanadily citizen
of Saudi Arabia 31 years old and yes .. i am single

Nice to meet you... how is canada?
i would like a task assigned to me and before that please i would like to
ask some questions to one of the translation moderators here :

1- what is the current status of translation :
       is translation stopped or slowed ?
       which projects currently active?
Currently, the active projects are Gnome, KDE, OpenOffice .. Ayman is the maintainer of Mozilla's products..he isn't active right now... you may wish to help in the other products until mozilla's work is active again.

2- About the translations in the past does arabeyes work with beta releases as they develop and become ready with the final release?
or do you work with them after the final
comes
out ?
Yes and Yes.. mainly, we try to work on the projects in its early periods; so that we can follow up with them, but if we missed a release date; we try to finish what we are doing first...

thank you

No... thank you for your willing to give us a hand.. any work is appreciated...

Mohamed Magdy