Re: ActionApps POs

--- Mohammed Sameer <msameer at foolab dot org> wrote:
> After that when they become comfortable maybe they/we can think about
> switching to an opensource OS like GNU/Linux or whatever.
>
> This is one thing.
>
> The 2nd thing is that I'd never say no to any volunteer even if he's using
> the OS and tools produced by someone who did harm me personally!
>
> That's totally another thing.

I'm not sure why this topic is so hotly debated (it need not be), simply
put (again) if someone is opting to be a project maintainer/leader he/she
are expected to take care of the project which encompasses dealing with
files and documentations (and thus the 4 "oh so difficult" CVS commands)
as well as updating of the project webpages (we used to ask for a monthly
or quarterly status but that never seemed to catch on or be appreciated
by anyone so we simply overlooked it).  This is the way we've done things
in the past and that is the way we envision we'd like to continue to do
things (keep in mind that this is NOT difficult).  If someone is proxy'ing
on behalf of a maintainer that is all fine and dandy given it is done out
of shear courtesy and as Abdulaziz said is temporary.

Let's not go bonkers on this subject - do please learn the 4 commands and
leave it be.