Re: Usable arabic font

Am 2005-03-09 22:47:28, schrieb Nadim Shaikli:
> --- Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at freenet dot de> wrote:
> > Can you send me the Fonts for testing please (privatly).
> >
> > Curently (since three years ???) I am collecting persian and
> > arabic fonts...
>
> Michelle, at some point do please make available the open sourced
> fonts you have for others to partake in (and to possible add to
> the khotot project [1]).

I use the same system as the Debian GNU/Linux project and it was
already discused on debian-devel and debian-legal.

If I get NEW fonts, I must consider it as non-free.

I contact the Autors and IF (!!!) I get a positive answer, the
font is GPL/DFSG, I will change the Status to "main".

Unfortunatly I have gotten to many fonts which are copyrighted
and "non-free". I am thinking, we should avoid to waste our
resources on such fonts.  Many of them I do not know, where I
have gotten it and I do not know any "archi" servers to check
out.

> [1] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Khotot

I know... This is why I am collecting persian/arabic fonts.

I have gotten nice fonts (perfectly for fvwm2) from someone which
is working for a newspaper in Kairo but it cost 180 US$  :-(

> Salam.
>
>  - Nadim

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi