Re: Translating Debian's homepage

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> First and foremost, Mr Trojette do please register [1] so that we can
> get you into the fold (username, etc) and look through the following
> docs [2][3].

Done:
http://www.arabeyes.org/people.php?username=trojette

> [2] http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/howto/cvs-howto-en/
> [3] http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/handbook/handbook-en/

Read.

Here you can find a beginning of a translation managing page:
http://adn.diwi.org/debian/l10n/arabic/

I am testing the generation of .po files (using po4a):
http://adn.diwi.org/debian/l10n/arabic/files/po/ar.po

I modify the wml file so it becomes an xml file and it is the input for
po4a. It produces a po file. Then, after translating, I take the po file
back to an arabic brand new wml file that I integrate in Debian's CVS.

Volunteers for translations and comments are welcome.

adn
Mohammed Adnčne Trojette
"Le respect est le lien de l'amitié."
              Proverbe oriental