Re: Usable arabic font

Am 2005-03-09 22:16:24, schrieb Chahibi Youssef:
> 1- Test tahoma, you'll be sure that it persuades that it's possible to
> have a good arabic font

I have Tahoma.

> 2- Test ClearU, ugly gnu font but proportional to latin characters
> 3- Test Roya, looks like a less simplified Tahoma, good, but not
> proportional latin characters
> 4- Install Fontforge, play with it.

Never worked with it... Now I am backporting it   :-)
and it seems to compile cleanly on Debian WOODY.

...ups!  -  already ready and now an Error:

    cc1: Invalid option `-Wsequence-point'

> 5- I am ready to make an easy to read lightweight arabic-latin font
> based on the good gnu fonts ( roya, kacst, arabeyes, farsi ...), are
> you ready to help me ?

I like but curently I am learning arabic, because my migration
to Maroc  :-)  and I have some problems with arabic fonts  :-/

I was trying to make a NEW consolefont, because LatArCyrheb-16 is crappy.

Dans quele ville tu es ?
Je veux me installer a Marrakech/Medina.

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi