Re: Usable arabic font

--- Chahibi Youssef <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Which arabic font do you think is the most suitable for the desktop ?

That would be completely upto you - different people have different
taste :-)  You can get an idea of what the fonts look like by looking
at the various 'collages' noted on the Khotot project page [1].

> Why are open source arabic fonts smaller than latin characters ?

They shouldn't be too dramatic - but since we don't have font experts
to fix these issues we will simply have to hold on to what we have.
Chances are the latin fonts were simply added post fact with no regard
to what the Arabic proportionality really is to simply get it to work
(I myself would be rather guilty of that :-)

So if you know anyone into fonts and is seriously looking to help, I'd
love to talk to them.

[1] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Khotot

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!