Renewed Focus

Salam,

In much the same spirit as Nadim's post on developer:

http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2005/August/msg00022.html

I call on all translator's to apply what I shall call the Gang Formation. To
regenrate effort and to jump-start the stalled spirits, we want to put the
"fun factor" back in Arabeyes.

What is happening now, everyone working on a project on his own, is not fun. I
would like to see what would happen if all translators just got together and
worked on ONE (yes ONE) project, concentrated on it until its complete, and
then moved on to the next, and so on and so forth.

Its a very simple concept. The more of us there are, the more interaction we
will have, and the more interaction we will have, the more fun it will be,
and the more fun it is, the more productive we all are.

This is bound to catch outside attention if we manage to finish a big and
impacting project, and may even bring in a fresh wave of new volunteers that
we need so badly.

Now, Arafat, before you object, in all fairness I think the first project we
should ALL work on should be GNOME ;-)

So I'm calling out to the veterans. Ossama, I think OOo and D-I can wait while
we put a concentrated effort on Gnome until it is all but complete. Same goes
for Ayman with Mozilla (and I was going to say me and KDE but who am I
kidding ;-).

Are we all on board with this? I want to see enthusiastic replies soon.

Abdulaziz,