More progress about the "Arabic crash" in Debian Installer

After some investigation, Eugeniy Meshcheryakov narrowed the problem
of Debian Installer crashing to what could be a bug in whiptail indeed
(whiptail is the backend used by Debian Installer for building menus).

The attached script segfaults while trying to display a menu
containing some Arabic phrase. No idea where Eugeniy found these two
words and how he managed to narrow stuff to them, but the problem is
reproducible...

What is so special in these words ? If I'm correct, there is a shadda
in them (at least this is what I find in looking in an Unicode table :
U0651=="Arabic shadda") but trying with it alone did not trigger the
crash.

/me, damn puzzled....

(please keep the CC list in your answers)