Re: Partition and Apps names

--- Ossama Khayat <okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> Salam all,
> I was thinking of using the word جَزيء instead of تجزيء which I
> think
> is much more better.
> It's similar to غني، فقير، سعيد... and so on.

I like it. I'm always for expanding our available vocabulary. In fact I think
we should have a ruling that every translator must try to invent 1 new word
every week :) (and try is the key word here...)

> Also, sorry if this was asked ALOT before, but wouldn't it be nicer if we
> translate/transletirate application names like BitTorrent, KSpread and stuff.
> Since almost all of GNOME/KDE applications have G/K at the beginning, we can
> put it as كي or ك for K and جي or ج for G.

Gasp! Before you make such an outrageous suggestion you should look to the left
and right, just to make sure Munzir is not there to call you on it ;).

Putting aside the Transliteration Vs. Transcription debate for a minute, if you
want my opinion I'm all for what your suggesting. I actually transliterated
gtranslator as جي-ترانسليتر back in the day. Is that what your
suggesting?

Salam,
Abdulaziz, (who is coming back on Wednesday. Y'all better clear a path! :p)