Re: Partition and Apps names

On Yaum al-Jumma 02 Sha`ban 1425 03:16, Ossama Khayat wrote:
> Salam all,
> I was thinking of using the word جَزيء instead of تجزيء which I think
> is much more better.

Are you sure this is an Arabic word?! I mean did you invent it yourself
according to Arabic rules or you found it on a Qamoose? Also is it قياسي أو
سماعي؟

As usual I don't like it but... (usual stuff...)

> It's similar to غني، فقير، سعيد... and so on.
>
> Also, sorry if this was asked ALOT before, but wouldn't it be nicer if we
> translate/transletirate application names like BitTorrent, KSpread and
> stuff. Since almost all of GNOME/KDE applications have G/K at the
> beginning, we can put it as كي or ك for K and جي or ج for G.

A أ B ب C ت What?! Why didn't they match here?!

If my students asked me what's the K in KDE apps stands for I would explain
that K is befor L ... and they would laugh but when they ask me about the ك,
I would tell them and laugh that they won't notice the bug ;)

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA