Re: Working on wordlist...

--- Ossama Khayat <okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Also, can we please remove the translated (transferred
> to golden files) and invalid words from the new_words
> files?

You don't need to do that and/or even worry about it.

> That's because when I try to update for multiple
> translations, sometimes I am not sure if I should do
> it on new_words or full_wordlist, so I don't want to
> switch from here to there just to check.
> Also, this would give us (me) a motivation so see
> there are 3000 words left, instead of 3500 ;)

Multiple translations and all subsequent additions,
alterations or modifications should be done to the
Golden files only.  The NEW files should only be
viewed as a means to transfer new words to the
Golden files.

The NEW files are there simply to inspect the words
and then pick the ones you think are legitimate
enough to be included by translating them (the ones
you know are bad can either be removed by hand or
simply commented with "Bad word" or whatever).  Once
the entire file is dealt with and included in the
Golden files, remove it.

The 'wordlist_add.pl' script (as noted in the file's
header) takes all the translated terms in the NEW files
and sees if those terms exist in the Golden files.
If the NEW terms are already in the Golden files nothing
is done (so you can run the script multiple times without
worries), if they are not then the NEW words and their
translation are copied into the proper location.

Hope that helps.