About: Arabeyes Forgoes Fedora Arabic Translation Project

Seems I am developing an allergy to statements delivered in the 30th of June.

--- Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote: > From: Mohammed Elzubeir
<elzubeir at arabeyes dot org>
> To: Fedora Translation Project List <fedora-trans-list at redhat dot com>
> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 23:24:05 +0400
> CC: doc at arabeyes dot org
> Subject: Arabeyes Forgoes Fedora Arabic Translation Project
>

> After much debate and careful consideration in light of the many
> emails (many of which were passionate and full of incitement), Arabeyes
> regretfully announces the suspension of its current participation
> pending further review of Fedora's upcoming policy.  This decision was
> not made hastily nor without debate, but in light of all the recent
> changes/discussions and Fedora's lack of appreciation and recognition of
> Arabeyes' efforts and its team-centric attitude, it was decided that it
> is best if Arabeyes steps aside. The decision was made by Arabeyes
> 'core' managers as well as 3 of the key Fedora translators who have
> noted losing any interest in working on the Fedora translation project
> (note, the vote was 6 to 1 in favor of suspension).

Sorry for that, but it is effectively your word that counts (your includes core
as well as translators).

> This is the last we are going to say about this topic and we humbly
> request all Arabeyes members to simply forgo this topic entirely --
> we've said all we want to say.

This does not exclude our participation as individuals, I presume.

> Those who are looking to know the truth behind Arabeyes and its
> achievements should visit its homepage and study its contributions
> and compare them to those making unjust accusations.  We work
> transparently and expect others to do the same.

What is more important for us here at arabeyes is the participation policy for
outside institutions, which I hope has not transformed into replying to KACST
and Fedora, as these are special cases. I was expecting it today. Personally, I
appreciate that you are not releasing that at 30/6, but please release it asap.

Salam,
Muhammad Alkarouri

=====
Theorem: Great Minds Think Alike