Re: Debian hierarchy

Quoting Nadim Shaikli (shaikli at yahoo dot com):

> Sure, we can live without issue with the way Debian does it now as
> we are using this script to convert from and back the way things
> are in Debian's SVN,

Could the following be of some help to you?

svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/people/joeyh/trans/po

This is indeed a special SVN repository which acts as a king of relay
to the general repository.

However, some packages are missing here (mostlly those which were
added in d-i since the day Joey made this special "l10n" repository).

This allows checking out all PO files, on a more flat basis.

>   http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/scripts/translate/hier_fixup.pl
>
> but still it would be nice to rid that 'stage1' directory from the
> hierarchy completely (akin to what is in stage2 and stage3 in debian's
> SVN).  Our current CVS for stage1, look like this,
>
>   http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/debian/stage1/
>  vs.
>   http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/debian_remove/stage1/
>
> Just a thought - if its too much of a headache then ignore this.

There are currently lots of people thinking about a more appropriate
way to handle l10n in Debian packages.....most ideas turn around a
general PO files repository, but the tricky part is how to move files
from the repository to individual packages...as well as update the
repository with maintainer's changes when packages are changed.

This will probably end up some day in a kind of central repository for
package's l10n, for sure..:-)