Re: URGENT: Debian files naming.

Am 2004-07-20 18:14:12, schrieb Christian Perrier:
>Quoting Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj (alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com):
>
>> base-config_debian_po.pot
>> is identical to
>> base-config_debian_po_ar.po
>>
>> and
>>
>> base-config_po.pot
>> is identical to
>> base-config_po_ar.po
>

>Dunno for these...but the principle is : if ther's one ar.po file,
>then the POT file is not needed. It may be used for syncing the
>translation with upstream modifications, but ATM just don't care of
>POT files

OK, I must explain...

You get the potfile by:

"pot" are the ORIGINAL templates (use it for NEW translations) and
they have following lines at the fist lines:

#, fuzzy

remove it, translate the file and save it as "ar.po"
Then you must compile it with

    msgfmt -o <ar|....>.mo ar.po

put it into "/usr/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/" and your locale
is ready to use...

>No, afaik, the ar.po file has already some translations, so you
>shouldwork on it.

Right...

>Translate and commit, I'll clean later and will probably take care of
>commiting myself. I have access to most repositories and, for some
>packages, I do co-maintenance.

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi