Re: URGENT: Debian files naming.

Quoting Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj (alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com):

> base-config_debian_po.pot
> is identical to
> base-config_debian_po_ar.po
>
> and
>
> base-config_po.pot
> is identical to
> base-config_po_ar.po

Dunno for these...but the principle is : if ther's one ar.po file,
then the POT file is not needed. It may be used for syncing the
translation with upstream modifications, but ATM just don't care of
POT files

> and
>
> iso-codes_iso_3166.pot
> is identical to
> iso-codes_iso_3166_ar.po

No, afaik, the ar.po file has already some translations, so you
shouldwork on it.

> This is leading me to believe that when I rename a pot file to a po
> file I should add a _ar just before the extension? I made a commit
> where I didnt do that. I hope I didnt break anything...
>
> What should I do?

Correct naming for 3rdstage is not critical as the way the
translations will be²sent to the pkg maintainer depends on the
package, so I'll have to handle this manually at the beginning. Most
translations for 3rd stage need to be reported as "bugs" against the
given packages. Debian work is currently a bit manual on that part
(some people are working on better handling but that's not easy with
the Debian way to handle packages)

Translate and commit, I'll clean later and will probably take care of
commiting myself. I have access to most repositories and, for some
packages, I do co-maintenance.