Re: discussing the QAC rule - acronyms

On Yaum al-Ithnain 01 Jumaada al-Thaani 1425 11:19 am, Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj
wrote:

> I'm completely lost Munzir. Did you ask for a link where they _translated_
> their product names, or one where they _transliterated_ their product
> names?

Any will be enough. Just as you said "THEY" not others. _Their_ PRODUCT NAMES
which means PROGRAM NAMES.

> Well, thats why I posted those links. Organizations, Companies,
> Magazines, they've all done it before us.

You are right. We in New Horizons publish books and teach them which all
contains transliteration of other product names. I see many many book on the
market that transliterate, but if you remember my words, I said: "I have
never seen a microsoft or any famous company product name translitrated in a
menu". However, since you understand I mean anywhere, I will keep my word and
not argue about it again.

> Do you want Arabeyes to transliterate
> instead of translate or transcribe instead of transliterate?

I wanted you to show me _any_ localized program from _any_ company that I can
install in my PC and when I go to the menu I found it in Arabic letters. The
company is better to be a known company and the program should be localized
by them. I meant something official. This is just for curiosity not to prove
any thing.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA