Re: Farsi characters problem

Quoting Arash Bijanzadeh (a dot bijanzadeh at linuxiran dot org):
> Hi all,
> I took a look at my translations, in the d-i . Well I shall say that my
> suggestion was good! There is no sign of Farsi specific charachters. Zheh,
> Cheh, Gaf, Kaf and Yeh is missing completely! I don't know if it is a error
> in the implementation or the font maybe. I would gather more information
> during the next days.

You should probably create a file named installer/needed-characters/fa
with all non ASCII-7 characters needed by Farsi

The problem may be a font reduction problem (fonts used by d-i are
reduced to save space-->putting characters in these files prevents
these characters to be removed from these fonts)

Anmar has setup an "ar" file with all Arabic characters, for instance
(Arabeyes people, you should have a look at this file and check it).

See README in installer/needed-characters in d-i SVN repository.

svn co svn://svn.debian.org:3691/d-i/trunk debian-installer

for anon checkout of the whole d-i repository