Re: January status - Gnome

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> WHAT WAS DONE:
>
> + Cleaned ALL the gnome files with 7 pos remaining, namely: libgtop,
> gnome-utils, procman, nautilus, gnome-terminal, gedit, gdm 2.
>
> This means: ALL files are compliant to UTF-8, no more non utf chars,
> consistent grammar throughout the whole pos. Standard vocabulary,
> changed/removed many bogus vocabulary, got rid of spelling errors as
> much as I could.

Great !!  Do please run 'term_intersect.pl' on your files to make sure
some terms are not doubly translated (ie. consistency).

  http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/scripts/translate

> + Uploaded all the 2.6 pos to the Arabeyes server.(the new structure
> meant for me even more work...)

Actually I still see files missing (for instance in the 'proposed' dir).
Compare that with what is on Gnome's page and you'll see that we have one
file where-as they have thirteen (check against Gnome GTP site).

Make sure all dirs and files are accounted for one-by-one - we do want
to be in sync at all times.

> WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
>
> + Get a 100% Arabized gnome, we are now at 93% Desktop-libs and 71%
> Desktop. But the hard work is clearly done...

Actually we are at,

 - Desktop      = 85%
 - Desktop-libs = 90%

    http://www.arabeyes.org/misc/gnome_status_bar.html

Great progress Arafat (keep at it) and we all hope KDE comes roaring
in soon (it's always good to have a bit of "progress competition" :-)

Arafat, I didn't see any status on recruiting and/or new members.
In passing I want to remind the project maintainers/leaders that it
is part of their task at hand to solicit help and translators (be
as creative as you like and use any medium out there to attain your
goals - make sure to get in contact with linux4arab, et al).