Re: moving away from SGML to XML

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 14:07, Ossama Khayat wrote:

> This would allow me to give some help, as I have a
> pretty good background of XML and XSL.

Excellent! Perhaps you can help me figure out how to embed fonts when
creating PDF's using FOP (or even with PassiveTeX). So far I am able to
create both HTML and PDF's just fine (using fop on my FreeBSD box). The
problem is when I create PDF's of Arabic documents (which is the same
issue we've had with SGML, so nothing new here).

I am able to solve the issue of direction using CSS for HTML outputs (as
indicated previously) -- with the exception of bullets/numbers, which
seem to be something completely ignored in CSS standards. Please do
correct me if I am mistaken.

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |