Re: OpenOffice Translation Effort

On Saturday 14 February 2004 10:44, Arafat Medini wrote:
> After completing 2.6 this is my first point on the agenda (getting more
> ppl), when working on 2.6 I remarked that without help I had to invest
> too much time to complete the project, well still it isn't fully done
> anyway...

If you reach a conclusion on the best way to recruit people, please
send me a note. I reached the point of asking for one translation
per day from people.

> I think that we can't go this road a long time.

Amen.

> All of us get tired, I got tired, and I am sure everyone will, after
> some time. Still we have ALL to work toward making a plan or something
> like that, I was shouting for more then a year about this but with no
> reaction...

Reading the notes of the developers of Firebird (aka Firefox), they say
it is a closed loop development! they don't want any volunteers. I wonder
when do we reach such stage. One guy, 2 at the most are holding
one big project at Arabeyes. It is a moral killer to see the _slow_ progress
of our projects and to know how much it will take to finish.

Regards,
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan (http://webhost.fasttelco.com/asr)