Re: OpenOffice Translation Effort

--- Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
> After several attempts, I am finally the l10n (Translation) lead on the
> OpenOffice effort for the Arabic Language. This means I will be
> responsible for CVS checks, organization and project lead.
>
> I am currently in the process of moving our server. Once done, I will
> concentrate my efforts on getting this project started. (beginning of
> February 2004)

Has this happened ?  Are the files on Arabeyes' CVS - is the project
page coming ?

> Currently, OpenOffice 1.1 Arabic Interface is almost complete (close to
> 60%) so we need to finish that first of all. we have the entire help
> system, which is huge task but I am sure we can do it given enough
> dedication to this project
>
> If you are seriously interested in this project, please drop me a line
> come end of January so we can start arranging our tasks and plan our
> releases. Please take the time to decide if you are serious about this
> project. Previously, I had people show enthusiasm for a helping out but
> when the time came to actual work, they did nothing. Please evaluate
> your time carefully (2 hours per week is all I am asking) as I would
> like to get this project finished sometime ;).

Any new people interested in this (Ossama, you don't need to reply).
We, as is evident, are taking on more and more work, yet we don't seem
to have more (and more :-) people to do the work.  At some point we
need to face that reality and try to possible solve this issue somehow.