Re: Test D-I ISO Build

Quoting Ossama Khayat (okhayat at yahoo dot com):

> > Osama, I don't see what you mean.  The Lam+Alef->LAA seems
> > to be there (note 'Latin America').  There is however one
> > oddity - the 4th entry from the bottom seems to have an
> > extra space for some reason (its the entry between Polish
> > and Turkish (in Arabic)).  Is there a haraka/diacritic on
> > that word that is not being taken care of ?
>
> No. That word is Bellarus (??????????????????) and it doesn't have any SHADDA
> or whatever.

The word should indeed be "Belarussian" as all these are keyboard
layout names where one most often uses languages adjectives...

Anyway, I'm suspecting something deeper here. Remember that d-i uses a
font reduction mechanism. This means that a lot of glyphs are removed
from the bterm-unifont font at build time, in order to save space.

The characters to be kept are determined from a special file, on per
language, where each language team has to put the characters needed
for writing the given language.

I attach the "ar" file we use to this mail.

What is the Unicode code of the character which should be there ?
Could you check whether it is or not in this ar file?

ًٌٍَُِّْٕٓٔﺀﺁﺂﺃﺄﺅﺆﺇﺈﺉﺋﺌﺊﺍﺎﺏﺑﺒﺐﺓﺔﺕﺖﺗﺘﺙﺚﺛﺜﺝﺞﺟﺠﺡﺢﺣﺤﺥﺦﺧﺨﺩﺪﺫﺬﺭﺮﺯﺰﺱﺲﺳﺴﺵﺶﺷﺸﺹﺺﺻﺼﺽﺾﺿﻀﻁﻂﻃﻄﻅﻆﻇﻈﻉﻊﻋﻌﻍﻎﻏﻐﻑﻒﻓﻔﻕﻖﻗﻘﻙﻚﻛﻜﻝﻞﻟﻠﻡﻢﻣﻤﻥﻦﻧﻨﻩﻪﻫﻬﻭﻮﻯﻰﻱﻲﻳﻴﻵﻷﻹﻻًٌٍَُِّْٕٓٔ