Re: Test D-I ISO Build

--- Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian dot org> wrote:
> Anyway, I'm suspecting something deeper here. Remember that d-i uses a
> font reduction mechanism. This means that a lot of glyphs are removed
> from the bterm-unifont font at build time, in order to save space.

I think you put your finger on it - the shaped LAA (and sisters) don't
seem to be included (that's what the link [1] example notes).  The file
in question, for reference, is "level2/console-data_debian_po.po".

The characters you'd need to include are part of Arabic Presentation
Form-B (the shaped set),

  U+FEF6, U+FEF8, U+FEFA, U+FEFC

I also don't see the question mark (not sure if its in any of our text
files) but that would be U+061F as well as the comma U+060C and tatweel
U+0640 (all common occurrences I'd think).

So 7 in all.

> The characters to be kept are determined from a special file, on per
> language, where each language team has to put the characters needed
> for writing the given language.
>
> I attach the "ar" file we use to this mail.

ﺀﺁﺂﺃﺄﺅﺆﺇﺈﺉﺋﺌﺊﺍﺎﺏﺑﺒﺐﺓﺔﺕﺖﺗﺘﺙﺚﺛﺜﺝﺞﺟﺠﺡﺢﺣﺤﺥﺦﺧﺨﺩﺪﺫﺬﺭﺮﺯﺰ
ﺱﺲﺳﺴﺵﺶﺷﺸﺹﺺﺻﺼﺽﺾﺿﻀﻁﻂﻃﻄﻅﻆﻇﻈﻉﻊﻋﻌﻍﻎﻏﻐﻑﻒﻓﻔﻕﻖﻗﻘﻙﻚﻛﻜﻝﻞﻟﻠﻡﻢﻣﻤﻥﻦﻧﻨﻩﻪﻫﻬﻭﻮﻯﻰﻱﻲﻳﻴﻵﻷﻹﻻًٌٍَُِّْٕٓٔ

FYI: all this info came from unicode's code charts [2][3].

[1] http://www.perrier.eu.org/~bubulle/arabic-kbd2.png
[2] http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0600.pdf
[3] http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/UFE70.pdf

Hope that helps & salam.