Re: CVS: translate/gnome/desktop eel.po

On Yaum al-Khamees 18 Jumaada al-Thaani 1425 02:51, Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj wrote:

> > > Changed translation of Justification from تبرير to ترصيف.
> >
> > Isn't it better to make it ضبط
>
> Well, seeing as ضبط is used for at least 600 other words, I decided
> against it :)
>
> Besides that ضبط could mean practically anything. The sentence:
>
> "How would you like these lines to be justified?" has a precise clear
> meaning while the sentence:
>
> "كيف تريد أن تضبط هذه السطور"
>
> is confusing at best, and I certainly wouldnt guess right away that it
> had anything to do with left-justification or right-justification.

what about:
"كيف تريد أن تضبط محاذاة هذه السطور"؟
and this how it is translated by legacy OS's.

I am sorry to say it but the problem with your translation ترصيص is that, at
least,  90% of Arabs won't undertand it and will find it odd. Just make a
vote around you or here.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA