Re: I have alomost finished KTouch

Salam,

From: Mohammed Elzubeir
Subject: Re: I have alomost finished KTouch
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:53:17 -0500

(and I think Youcef Rahal may want to
incorporate their mention in the Translator Guide as well).

OK. Will do :-)

I know this second one is not something you've added, but it is for everyone
else to take _extra_ care of. Any translation looking like below is simply
not acceptable. The language must be as though the program is directly
communicating w/ the user and vice versa.

+ rc.cpp:33
msgid "Change keyboard layout."
The translation should be more in the form of a directive action and not
the way it is given. For example:
"Ghayyir hay2at law7at al-mafatee7" instead of "Taghyeer..."
This is of EXTREME importance.

Aie, aie, aie. Well, I need to review all my translations then ;)
However, is this in a standardization purpose (doing the same as the existing) or only to fake the user/machine communication ?
"Taghyeer..." sounds more natural to me, but maybe because I am used to the French system which uses infinitive verbs or nouns rather than the imperative form.

Salam,

Youcef.

MSN Messenger : dialoguez en direct avec vos amis ! http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp