From: "Youcef Rabah Rahal"
Subject: Re: [Issue N16335] A mirroring bug in QTable and QTabDialog
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:36:02 +0100

Hi Lars,

From: qt-bugs (at) trolltech (dot) com
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:13:34 +0100

Cool. Thanks a lot. I've added the translation to Qt, and the 3.1.2
release will contain it :)

Thanks :-)
I have renamed qt-untranslated.ts to qt_ar.ts. It is exactly the same one as yesterday's but I hope this will easy future references to it.
You can find it from now on in:
http://cvs.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/translate/qt/qt_ar.ts

BTW, if you set your LANG environment variable to ar, the Qt demo
example will load your translation. I't only partly in arabic though,
as there is no demo_ar.ts. I always using this example to do some of my
testing of our right to left support.

Cheers,
Lars

I took a look at all '.ts' files in QTDIR, here's the list I came with: $(QTDIR)/tools/assistant/assistant_xx.ts $(QTDIR)/tools/designer/designer/designer_xx.ts $(QTDIR)/tools/linguist/tutorial/tt3/tt3_xx.ts $(QTDIR)/tools/linguist/linguist/linguist_xx.ts $(QTDIR)/translations/qt_xx.ts (done) $(QTDIR)/examples/i18n/mywidget_xx.ts $(QTDIR)/examples/demo/translations/demo_xx.ts

If you feel that it is important to have all/part of them translated to Arabic I can manage to translate them (a bit slower than what i did for qt_ar.ts). Since there are no arabic '.ts' files, i will copy an existing file to xx_ar.ts and translate it. Please let us know what are the important/having_priority files for translations, and if there is any kind of deadline (QT 3.1.2 release for example).

We would highly appreciate the possibility to make a reference/tribute to Arabeyes translation work so this work can have an 'official' meaning. For example in the '.ts' files themselves and/or in a webpage with translation teams. Or any other possible form of credit.

This time I have CC'd the Arabeyes 'doc' mailing list rather than the 'developer' one. The 'doc' is the mailing list related to Arabeyes translation activities. I first CC'd the 'developer' list (related to developement activities in Arabeyes) since it was a bug report initially. Please use this list for any future correspondance related to the Arabic translation.

Best regards,

Youcef Rahal.