Re: Coordinator Expectations

Hi Youcef,

Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
Salam Hicham,

I don't think Nadim is dictating anything. Nadim is suggesting a plan of work, and I think this is what is expected to happen in a an Open Source Community, based on volunteer work but also and aboveall on democracy.

I think Nadim's email is right to the point and it would have been better to discuss it if you had any comments rather than take it personally.

Please re-read the email, there's no invitation to discussion but thing that MUST be done.

I also share Nadim's point of view and I WANT to work on translation. I think, in my humble opinion that the urgent thing to do now is to share the tasks in the very coming days. I don't want to start translating files randomly without a precise goal and I think that this point of view is at least shared by Mohamed Aser too http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/doc/2003/January/msg00032.html . I am sorry to say this, but I am still waiting for your message that you said you will post (http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/doc/2003/January/msg00053.html) and you said also that the start of this week was a deadline to wait for more people and then define people's work. Well, we are almost at the end of the week Hicham ! I think people who'd like to work on KDE are you, Mohamed Aser and I (Maybe also Nuridin Aminagha if I understand by the cvs mail, though he didn't explicitly say it). I think that it will be easy to assign tasks if newcomers will show after we start the work.

Here's what I think. I announced that I'll try to finish kdelibs and kdebase. I don't want to assign tasks, because I prefer poeple to start translating aplications they love and they use regularly, and because everybody have a different meaning for 'important', I consider for example kdeedu or games to be very important.
So just announce on what files you're working so that there's no overlap, and stick to a file until it's finished.

OK, this is my point of view and I hope you will discuss it constructively rather than being offended :-) I have no personal issues and this is an open community after all.

I have 5 years now watching this community, participating sometimes, reporting bugs other times. I think I know how it's supposed to work :-)

Last week there was a one month deadline, a week later is only three weeks...

Just start translating then :-)

Salam,

Youcef.

Hicham