Re: joining ARABEYES translation group

> Hi,

Salam,

> I had the chance to see some of your efforts in the world of Arabic Linux
> and I want to join you translation group in order to participate in your
> projects.

We'd be more than glad to have you on board and support you (though
it seems you're - Mash'Allah - an expert Arabizer :)).

> I'm already (and still) a member of another translation group The
> PHP Arabization Team since 6 months ago.
> I know maybe you doubt if I can mix between the two projects but I want to
> make you sure: I have a lot of free time and I can do both of them and more
> if needed. I find a great pleasure working, translating and mainly learning
> by practice. I want to be a professional and I'm sure I won't be that
> without working hard.

Be our guest! I had a look at some of the translated files, and noticed you
use ISO-8859-6 codepage, and it took me a minute to figure out, since the
top headers were displayed correctly, but not the text. Very nice work!

> I had the chance to learn these:
> - translating on XML files with XMLSpy
> - compiling glossaries (still open) on Excel with specific fields in order
> to be compliant with databases; the glossary is about computing and internet
> and is in four languages: English-Arabic-French-Spanish and has nearly 9.000
> entries

Maybe you would like to have a look at our Wordlist (created by Nadim, and
translated by many people). It has 80000+ words in English translated to
Arabic and now used as a dictionary running on our server (dict.arabeyes.org on
port 2628).

> - making KDE arabized
> - I have a CVS account on php.net wich I use in order to checkout and commit
> files
> - I now HTML
> - I had the chance to learn: English-Arabic-French-Spanish languages
> - ....
>
> I hope to get an answer as soon as possible and I really hope will be
> positive so I can begin translating early: I think I will begin with KDE
> Documentation as it close to what I'm doing now: translating PHP
> Documentation.

If there's a speical tool you'll be using, it would be very nice if you could
support in this. There is documentation of OpenOffice.org which need to be
translated as well :)

> You can have more information about what is PHP Arabization project and
> about what I did in this project via this URL:
> > PHP Arabization Forum: (http://www2.php4arab.info/doc.ar.list/)
>
> N.B. I subscribed to 'doc' mailing list. I'm posting this message to
> doc at arabeyes dot org . I had a look about your translation projects. I
> registered for a CVS account . I'm reading the file
> "translator-guide-en.pdf". and now I'm hoping to begin translating with nice
> and hard-working people like you :)
>
> Hafid

You're in the right direction... Go for it :)

Ossama
http://www.linuxmail.org/